Looking for good blogging & gallery software

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGaribaldi

Hello :)

I've come to the conclusion that I want to start making use of my webhotel, wrt. putting up a blog and a picture gallery. Unfortunatly my host doesn't offer any of these features.

So I'm wondering if any of you could recommend a good software suite, or two separate programs. (I'm not looking for free blog space, just a blog program as I'm too lazy to create the pages myself).
The gallery software should ideally be able to generate thumbnails of the images, as they're all about 700k, and I want to show them of in a gallery and let people click on them to see the high-res version.

The webhotel is the linux flavour from www.surftown.com (advanced), which has the following phpinfo(.

So, any help will be appreciated!

I've been using Blogger (bought by Google) for a while & it works quite well. You can either use its storage which is on blogspot, or set it up to upload/post on your webspace. You can use Picasa (also bought by Google) with it to upload pictures to your Blogger account or make a new gallery.

If you wanted to host it yourself, I'm pretty fond of Coppermine. It might be a bit bloaty if you only want a very small gallery though.

Afraid I don't know about blogging software - I'm looking for that myself.

Thanks for the feedback!

I ended up installing Coppermine, which seems to be the closest to what I'm after.
Just got to play with it for a while to figure it out. (Which means it won't be online before march at the earliest, since I'm heading to Thailand in 7 hours)

Picasa seemed like a good picture organiser for my own computer, but I had trouble finding out how to generate a gallery.
Blogger required registration, and I couldn't find any info on how to use it to set up an independent blog (this could be available after registration, I don't know), so I've skipped it so far.

But thank you for your suggestions. I do look at them :)

And watch out Didou, soon I'll be entering the blogging realm, and might dethrone you before long :evil:

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back