Looking for new motherboard, 220$ budget!

By nk58sng
Jul 20, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. first of, dont buy anyting from www.nt-micro.com . punks sent me wrong motherboard and 3 weeks later i'm still trying to get them to send me an RMA to return it. the one they sent me actually costs 115$ and i spent 220$ on the purchase. they are about to get a call from my lawyer. or my best friend pretending to be one!

anyhow i was trying to purchase the abit fatal1ty an8, not the SLI version. i had the money to spend and i figured i wouldnt need to upgrade it for a while.

the rest of the equipent i bought is as follows:
    amd64 3000+ Rev E (Venice?)
    2 gigs of Corsair XMS serries pc3200 cas 2 RAM
    SATA 80 Gig HD
    x700 ATI Radeon pro 256 mb pci-express
    550W psu

anyhow i was wondering what motherboards everyone would recommend? and even if i should still with my abit an8 fatal1ty choice. not interested in any SLI boards either kind like ATI.

so if everyone could make some recommendations that'd be great and list a few reasons as why.

thanks in advance. :bounce:
  2. vegasgmc

vegasgmc TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,760

Check Newegg.com. They have good prices and most products have customer reviews.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.