TechSpot

Looking for NVIDIA MCP61 chipset drivers

By mwkot123
Apr 12, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello,

Recently Windows XP was having some crashing issues, so I did the standard "re-install your OS" procedure. It's installed successfully, except I can't connect to the internet through my LAN connection. I read up on others with the same problem, and concluded that I needed to reinstall/update my NIC drivers. Through my MAC address, I found out that my NIC card was manufactured by Xerox, but I couldn't find anything except printer related help/drivers. I found out my mobo model, and found out it was an NVIDIA MCP61. It is 100% as is, and I can't find the drivers for it anywhere.

I am running 32-bit Windows XP Service Pack 2, with an AMD Athlon 64 x2 4200+ processor, 2048 of DDR2 RAM. BIOS is Phoniex 6.00 PG.

If there is anymore information you need to help me with my problem, then I shall provide it. A speedy reply would be much appreciated ecause I have a science project due on Monday. Thanks,

Matthew
  2. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,060   +84 Staff Member

3. mwkot123

mwkot123 TS Rookie Topic Starter

It worked! Thank you very much. I couldn't find that anywhere. my internet seems to be in Thai for an unknown reason, but it connects successfully. Once again, thank you. Much appreciated! :D
  4. Matthew

;) You're welcome. Maybe it was just the way you were searching, dunno. I found them in two minutes by searching Yahoo! for "nvidia MCP61 drivers" I believe.
  5. mwkot123

mwkot123 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Okay, so that's what I get for using Google. I entered the same search terms and got nothing. :haha:
  6. Matthew

I'm sure Google offers a great service, but, for some reason I've always stuck with using Yahoo!'s search engine. I've been using since my first days of owning a PC and I never went back :).
  7. GDK2008UK

GDK2008UK TS Rookie

it is Nforce 430/410 motherboard drivers which include the 6510SE intregated graphics drivers and all other drivers required except for the Realtek HD audio drivers
  8. GDK2008UK

GDK2008UK TS Rookie

Nvidia Nforce4 410/430 Sedona version

There might be a slight issue with the Nforce4 410/430 drivers. With the Nforce4 Sedona contains a better IDE SATA or IDE SATA RAID driver set which is stable except for a little glitch after startup which happens 15 minuites after startup and lasts for 5 minuites but every thing goes back to normal until bootup next morning but you might try installing a Nvidia graphics card and disableing integrated graphics sub system whics is on the motherboard accessed by pressing CTRL+F10 at bootup. You also get a better version of the Ethernet driver set which include Nvidia Active Armour but the NAM is duff does not work properly.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.