Looking for the best PSU for around $120

By klepto12
Jul 31, 2009
  1. i have a machine with a failing psu and i want to replace it. I just want to be a little future proof so i was thining something in the 750W range would be nice for when i upgrade. the system specs now are a e7400 OC to 3.6Ghz 4Gb of ddr2 800 ram and an ati 4850 all running on a 600 watt ultra psu i know its not a good psu it was free and did the job just looking to replace it.
  2. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,219   +157

3. klepto12

klepto12 TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 1,115   +9

i was actually thinking about that psu are there any others that anyone recommends?
  4. olefarte

olefarte TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,343   +6

I've had that very same PSU for a little over a year and I've had no problems with it.
  5. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 5,431   +28

I also recommend that PSU as an excellent choice. You can get it about $10 cheaper on ZZF BTW. The only other alternate recommendation that would be on-par with the Corsair PSU would be this.
  6. klepto12

klepto12 TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 1,115   +9

thanks rage i was wondering when someone would throw in a pcpc. which would you say would be the best one to get rage i know that the corsair is good but is the PCPC better?
  7. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 5,431   +28

Both are on par honestly. You can't go wrong with either. Both offer excellent stability and reliability, and they are both covered by a 5-year warranty.

Just pick the one that's cheaper IMO. :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.