TechSpot

Looking to get new Processor

By Serapis
Jul 20, 2007
  1. Ok, as the subject says, I am looking to buy a new processor. I have a K7N2 Delta MS-6570L mainboard and the Processor currently is an AMD Athlon XP 3000+. Which when set to high performance only runs at 2.2ghz and when manually overclocked runs at a safe 2.3ghz. I want to know what is a better processor I can get with this Mainboard. It says.

Code:
    CPU 
    Supports Socket A for AMD® Athlon™/Athlon™ XP/Duron™ processors @FSB 200/266/333/400 
    Supports 600MHz up to Athlon™ XP 3000+ processor or higher 
    But I am not good at looking at processors and such. So I do not know any other ones I can use. Can someone please help me with this?

2. pdyckman@comcas

pdyckman@comcas TS Rookie Posts: 527

2.2 or 2.3 GHZ is not necessarily really slow, but if you ARE limited to 333fsb then you need a new motherboard.

3. Serapis

Serapis TS Rookie Topic Starter

CPU
    Supports Socket A for AMD® Athlon™/Athlon™ XP/Duron™ processors @FSB 200/266/333/400

4. chuck4456

chuck4456 TS Rookie Posts: 37

You can build an up-to-date AMD with the money that it will cost you to bring that old Socket A up to any kind of speed.

5. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 3,481   +44

you could build a decent amd machine right now, for under 400 bucks its insanely cheap

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.