Losing windows areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all, please explain my prob and how to fix them if you can in simple terms as i am no expert on the pc.
i cannot anymore get `msconfig`in run anymore, a panel appears and reads`windows cannot find msconfig` and when i try to get windows help and support, again a panel appears and reads `windows cannot find `helpctr.exe` system service not running, to fix prob click service name`? but when i click search they arrive ok but i cannot open help and support. i seem to be losing certain window items, please help!
ps, system restore does not correct the prob.

Sounds like some form of serious infestation or data corruption. You should probably back any data up that you care about before it's too late (music, pictures etc).

You could try and remove any possible infestations and then maybe run a repair installation of Windows but honestly, that will probably take longer than it would just to test your HDD and reinstall Windows altogether.

I would personally suggest that you ensure that your HDD isn't failing by testing it with one of the relevant utilities here, and then just reinstall Windows.

Hi, thanks for your prompt reply, I have run cccleaner, spybot, and I also have BitDefender and they all say my PC is clear. I think maybe I have deleted Help and support somewhere along the line, maybe, and I have never re-run the Microsoft CD before, and I am not sure on how to contact my server again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back