TechSpot

Lost internet connection

By rjbjr
May 13, 2007
  1. Was playing Everquest on my Sony Vaio when I went linkdead. I currently use the laptop with a wireless connection which is located out in the garage. Did some limited troubleshooting and found that "a network cable is unplugged". I checked the network connection and it does not see any local wireless networks in the area. My pc is having no such problems. I cant find any diagrams as to where my wireless adapter is on the computer to see if it shook loose. Any ideas??

2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

Tell us more about what connection you have by brand and age. Any failure of the cable modem or telephone modem can produce the error message, A Network Cable is unplugged.
    Best first step, is to unplug your cable modem or Ethernet connection, then insert a straigtened paperclip wire into the small hole on the back of the router/modem to reset it.
    Then plug the connection back in with everything turned on, and reboot your system.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.