Lost ipod songs...please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 60 GB ipod no longer shows my music anymore. It has been plugged into my computer since last night and I don't know what would have happened to make everything go bye bye. Should I try to use disk recovery software since it is a hard drive, or what? Looking for answers and somewhat freaking out as it has took me a while to build 60 solid gigs of music. All recommended ideas? Software to use? Thanks a lot guys

I do not know of any recovery programs for an Ipod, or if they exist. Hopefully someone else will come along with some good news for you.

I have erased everything on my ipod by mistake a few times as well. Usually when I plug it into a computer that is not MY computer, and the default settings are to sync the ipod with the host computer's library. When I was visiting my mom, I wanted to recharge my ipod and plugged it into her computer and bam, all files erased.

Luckily I had all my files backed up. Your music isn't also on your computer's hard drive? Ouch.

Is the music still in iTunes???
Or have all traces of any music, on the iPod and the pc, gone?
If you logged on as a different user iTunes may have started, and though a different user account would still have iTunes, it would be blank. Then, if the iPod was configured to be automatically updated, it would have been, to the new, blank iTunes. Could someone else have logged on? This is mere conjecture though, in all honesty that is just weird :suspiciou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back