TechSpot

Lots of questions?!

By TearsInHvn
Dec 13, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok this is my delima. I sent my computer in for repair, (LOL) the power supply went and it was under warranty. I get it back today, now none of my desktop icons are working. No matter what i click on it says the .exe file is missing.... So.. I un-install all the programs i'm having issues with. I go on the web and reinstall them.. Guess what? The now new icon's on my desktop still don't work and i can't find any of the files i just installed?? Am i missing something here?? PLEASE HELP! You have no idea how angry i am at the place that "fixed" my pc!!
  2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Do a repair reinstall immediately, to be sure that your hard drive is not damaged... Or a complete reinstall.
  3. ba_vivek

ba_vivek TS Rookie

If possible try to restore it , through the restore option
  4. TearsInHvn

TearsInHvn TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 52

already tried the restore option. Nothing there to restore to. I just don't get how installs disappear!
  5. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Well, they don't disappear. Everything has got to be someplace... or the equipment is failing, or the software is failing.
  6. TearsInHvn

TearsInHvn TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 52

Tried to do a repair, it said can't read drive c? Then why is it in windows? LMAO! I did find that remote access was checked, and i believe it's no suposed to be. I unchecked it, and i'm trying that road.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.