Low Disk Space

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

I'm new on this forum as you can see but I take a long time to read some post.

I'm having a big problem actually with my PC and the problem is that I have low disk space on my PC. I can't remove any files on the PC but I would like to know if there is a good program to compress the files so that it is compress and that I can't use it at the same time?

P.S I use the Windows compression but it is still not good.

Thanks for any help
GodFather

Hi Godfather and welcome to the TS Forum :wave: :wave:

I think really you should be considering a bigger drive they are relatively cheap these days per GB.

Just out of interest have you done things like emptying the recycle bin, clearing temp files etc etc.

And just what size HD do you have to be running out of space..

Oh and whilst your here could you read the following threads It will help to make your Techspot experience a more pleasurable one.

Techspot FAQ.

A message for all newcomers.

SNGX1275`s A guide to making a good post/thread.

Regards

Hi. If you don't wanna delete anything, you should do what Ididmyc600 said: buy a new drive.
If you don't have enough money or you simply don't wanna do that, try some CleanUp programs.
The easiest way to do that is: go to startup->all programs ->accessories->system tools -> disk cleanup.

Also you can try some other programs like TuneUp Utilities 2007, a complex program which optimizes your PC.

Good luck

Yes I think the best way will be to buy a new HD but the problem is money but I will try to buy one after. Thanks to you Ididmyc600 and Alex.A for your help. Also I already use TuneUp Utilities 2007 and it help me a lot.

Thanks for the help
GodFather

Would you give your system information please? And exactly what is the 'low disc' message and where is it coming from?

The type of system, age, size of HD, installed RAM, whether you are doing the routine maintenance required to keep the system in a good performing state, if you have a current anti-virus program and at least two spyware/adware programs, all of which you use to scan, updating right before the scan "all" enter into the running of the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back