Low fps with PCI bus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, i have a problem thats really getting to me. When i play cs:cz my fps will remain at 65 to 75 fps but drops drastically when i see 3 or more people...bascially it will drop to 4-15 fps. Ive bascially tried everything there is by going to forums and reading about it all. Everything seems to be running fine. I have an ATI radeon 9250 PCI bus and from what ive heard that it should be a decent gfx card for cs:cz.

here are my specs:

Comp: eMachines w2888
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R)
CPU: 2.80GHz
RAM: 1GB

I checked my DXDIAG and everything seems to be running fine...im totally clueless at this point. Please i need some input on what i could possibly do to fix this little dilemma of mine. TY!

I had the same problem on my new P4 Prescott 3.2G, 2G RAM. UNTIL I put my 6600gt in it. It may be due to onboard video lacking in Oomph. Mine played fine in the early levels on low quality settings, now everything is cranked and I'm loving it. By far the best $250 I've ever spent.

Bad news! You're not going to get satisfaction out of any GPU that is standard PCI. You need to upgrade your motherboard to one that has AGP or PCI-Express to get a higher end video card. I suggest getting PCI-Express because all the newer GPU's are made for that. Also, celeron is probably the worst processor ever made. I used to have one and couldn't game with it for crap. But if you're not going to upgrade just turn down all your setting to the lowest and resolution to 800x600 and get the newest drivers for your card. Good luck!

Shoupie080 said:
Bad news! You're not going to get satisfaction out of any GPU that is standard PCI. You need to upgrade your motherboard to one that has AGP or PCI-Express to get a higher end video card. I suggest getting PCI-Express because all the newer GPU's are made for that. Also, celeron is probably the worst processor ever made. I used to have one and couldn't game with it for crap. But if you're not going to upgrade just turn down all your setting to the lowest and resolution to 800x600 and get the newest drivers for your card. Good luck!

That's right, I got a PCI bus slot too ( I got a nVidia 6200 video card ) and I get around the same FPS as you but it's already 75 and doesnt drop.. Either I would say it's your Emachine ( I never did like EMs ) or you have a bad videocard

I would just upgrade to a whole new computer or build your own

If you would like to build your own here is a good place to get a idea of how to build one http://www.build-your-own-computers.com/ and you can buy all the best parts from www.Newegg.com or www.Bestbuy.com

Hope it helps! =D

Also... Welcome to Techspot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back