Low rumble on audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilloz

I noticed recently that when I scroll a page down on any website, I can hear a very low rumble noise from the speakers as I'm scrolling. I don't recall ever hearing this before. Anybody have a clue as to what could be causing this? I have the Creative Audigy SE sound card.

Could be anything... very difficult from here. Speakers go bad easily. Audio software goes bad easilyl. Could also be freedback from an optical drive or a hard drive going bad.
My guess is speakers. Try another set as a test.

Thanks raybay for your reply. Since I use Ubuntu, I thought I'd go to Windows and try it. It was there also. Another site suggested muting my Line In on my sound card. I recently was converting 33 1/3 records to MP3's and had my turntable connected to the Line In. I muted Line In and the problem appears to have corrected itself. Live and learn. Thanks again for replying.

maybe your sound card got old. sounds stupid but it happens. i had this. switched to a new one.
the line in gets affected easily with age on many systems. don't know if the mic & line in connectors are the problem but it is easy to buy a new one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back