Lynksys wirelessG broadband router wont detect internet??? cant install

Status
Not open for further replies.

EternalWarrior

I am running windowsXP with sp2 and when i insert the disc that comes with the Lynksys wireless G-Broadband Router, i select the setup option. It says not to plug in the router and that the set-up wizard is detecting my computers settings to configure the router. So i leave the router unplugged and just used the modem provided by my cable company and when i click next it says..(checking internet connection)...when it loads to 100% it says "The computer is not connected to the internet. Check your internet connection" but my internet connection is working fine. in fact it says that as i type this post right now. i even turned off my firewall to see if that was stopping the detection but no go...i dont know whats wrong??? somone help please. im going to use the router to connect to my lynksys x-box game adapter that should be arriving from newegg.com in about 3 or 4 days...i just wanted to get the router set up and put a password on it but i cant get it to install...please help. thanks

Jeff

You should be able to set up the router without the silly install program.

Try reading the router manual..

yes, just connect to the IP address it says in the manual it is something like 192.186.1.1 i cant remember off the top of my head

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back