TechSpot

M2N-E SLI USB Audio c-media cm6501 STATIC

By kanofski
Oct 21, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hay all.

This is my first post here so first of, HELLO all members of techspot I hope some of u would spere some neurons for my question..

I have a strage problem with my USB Audio "c-media cm6501" on a M2N-E SLI mobo.

sometimes my audio just jumps to horible static. it hapents for no reason.
    so i testet the drivers in windows 7 x64 but there ok. when i boot up my debian OS its the same problem "STATIC" so this rules out a driver problem.

i ones had this problem before, I thought it was broken hardware so it put in a PCI audio card and disabled it in the BIOS and whent on with my life. after a while i removed the pci card an jakt it back in the onboard audio. and it WORKT agean the STATIC was gone.

and today the problem is BACK.
    so what i did.

--checked the driver's linux and windows
    --bios UPDATE to latest revision
    --checkt BIOS settings
    --turnt usb audio on and off in the bios
    --cleant the audio jack's

but stil have the problem. my pci audio card is bricked so can't use that anymore.

does someone have a tip on how to fix this????
  2. tweakboy

tweakboy TechSpot Maniac Posts: 518

Get a dedicated sound card my friend. gl USB audio will give horrible DPC latency....thx, gl,
  3. kanofski

kanofski Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

hay thenkx for your replay

but did a check on that but is wel within the green zone about 200us.
    so it can't be that. right??

greets ;)
  4. tweakboy

tweakboy TechSpot Maniac Posts: 518

Perhaps a driver fix might fix this issue. Uninstalling old drivers from safe mode. Then go to normal mode and install latest non beta sound drivers.. gl

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.