TechSpot

Mac not printing from Minolta

By WM1516
May 31, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello everyone,

I work for a small organization. There are 2 Mac computers that are setup to print from the Minolta Copier in the main office. One Mac prints just fine to the copier, however, the other one can only print PDF documents and no other application. I have tried updating the firmware of the copier, I installed a driver, and got no results. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

How are they networked? What is the connection in the Minolta? What other devices are on this "network" for printing? Is everything wired, or are some components wireless?
  3. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

I had printing problems with one Mac connected to a Xerox network color laser printer. If I remember correctly, selecting LPD as the printing protocol solved it.

However, that only PDFs print correctly sounds more like a PostScript problem to me.
  4. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,408   +314

it's all in getting the system that is accessing the remote printer configured
    correctly.

this might be useful, even though it has a lot of XP in it (just ignore all windows info).

and this has more info on the subject
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.