TechSpot

1. TechSpot Forums are dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot Forums are dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Mac Restarts when playing Some games

By TheAppleUser
May 29, 2016
Post New Reply
  1. Hello.

I need help. I have been playing much games lately, like Minecraft. But I thought I should get a new game. So I went over to Steam and Bought Terraria. But when I opened it I can do all of that stuffs in the menu (Creating a Character, Look on achivments.) But when I start the game and jump into a world my mac restarts. Isn't this strange? I can play Minecraft but when I start Terraria it restarts. A while ago my Mac broke and the only way out of it was to delete all files and start over, but before my mac broke I was able to play Terraria.

My specs of my Mac (That I was able to find...)

Memory: 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
    Graphic: Intel GMA 950 64 MB
    IOS: Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5

Yes... My mac is old I bought it year 2007.
    I would like help...

2. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,713   +2,527

This may be an issue with the game itself (incompatibility). Do you have the restart problem with any other games/apps not listed here?

3. Coodu

Coodu TS Booster Posts: 173

If you purchased the game on Steam, try right clicking on the game in Steam > Properties > Verify Integrity (Might be under advanced, not sure I'm at work) - might be some corrupt or incomplete downloaded files.

I've played Terraria on Mac's similar to that with no issue, using Steam.