TechSpot

MacBook Air now marginally faster, $100 cheaper

By Scorpus
Apr 29, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Apple has quietly updated their MacBook Air offerings today, bringing a slight change to the system specifications to make the CPU faster, while also dropping the price by $100. At its new price, you can get an 11-inch MacBook Air...

Read more

2. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,149   +1,424

For anyone who ever used Macbook Pro with retina screen, Macbook Air seems far behind the curve. That's why they are upgrading it to retina with the next iteration.

3. Yes, Retina screen is fab. It might make scrolling jerky for complex and zoomed in web sites (not on latest Safari though), but once you've got it, there's no going back to normal screens.

4. Guest17

Guest17 TS Enthusiast Posts: 92   +37

Ho hum.

5. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 2,920   +627

*Sigh*

No change for Australia. Still $1,099.

6. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,714   +397

Bummer, I think NZ saw a pretty significant savings.

Also I'm not entirely sure the article is correct. I'm about to go to bed and thus don't feel like looking it up, but I'm pretty sure the SSD got moved from SATA to PCIe.

7. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 2,920   +627

Correct, it is PCIe now. Not sure what it was before, I have a feeling it's been PCIe for a year now?

8. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,714   +397

Yeah, mid 2013 Air moved from SATA (or mSATA?) to PCIe.

I posted that because I think the original posting of the article said sata.