Machine Check Exception Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

CptClark

I've been getting this error message irregularly (sometimes once every 3 weeks, sometimes 3 times a week!) for the past year. I've *finally* had enough and decided to post here after learning of these boards and the help they can provide.

The Exact error message is:

MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

STOP: 0x0000009C (0x00000004, 0x805461F0, 0xB2000000, 0x00070F0F)

I understand minidumps can be helpful, however, there seems to be a problem. My computer has crashed 6 times in the last month. 4 of these have been machine_Check_Exceptions with the exact same hexidecimal code shown above, and the other 2 were unrelated (I know what they were about). However, there are only 2 minidump files, the newest being on the 23rd of this month. However, as my machine crashed earlier today with a Machine_Check_Exception, it seems it is not making dump files when it happens.

DOes anyone know what's going on?

Machine Check Exemption means (for one thing) that you are pushing a component too far. Usually the main board or CPU. Are you over clocking it or pushing a voltage?

No, I'm not overclocking my Processor. If anything, it's quite relaxed (my processor is a 3.6 GHz, I'm only runnign it at 3.0Ghz)

SHouldn't be pushing the voltage, but I'll give it a check.

An 0x9C error most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities e.g., overclocking a CPU as pdyckman suggests.

Attach your minidumps on your next post.

Alright

Well...these are the last 3 Sysdump files. NONE of them relate to the machine check exception I've been getting (I'm 90% certain they're device driver errors). I've experianced another 2 machine check exceptions since then, and again, no dump file seems to have been created for them.

But anyway, as you asked, here are the last 3 sysdump files the computer created:

Attachments

• Mini110607-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 7
Looking at your minidumps the first and best advice I can give you is run MemTest and see if your RAM is corrupted. Do the test for at least 7 passes (I prefer 10) and if you have any errors you have faulty RAM.

You'll then need to run the test on each individual stick.

Alright. Ran the memory test. There was an error with the RAM, so I've replaced it.

Since then, no more MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION errors (hurrah!...finally!)

However, since replacing the RAM I've now suffered no less then 9 OTHER blue screen system crashes!

Below are the attached minidumps for these crashes:

Are you running a game called Space Force? I ask because the SpaceForce.exe came up in your 0x5C pool corruption error.

Also, avg7rsn.sys also came up and this is a driver for AVG anti-virus.

portcls.sys is an onboard audio driver that came up as well.

You've also had 0xF4 error. See this old TechSpot Link:

https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic65491.html

I am wondering if SpaceForce is having issues with your audio and anti-virus software.

When you ran MemTest and found errors did you then run it on each individual stick?

I have Space Force installed yes. It wasn't running during any of the crashes, but it was installed.

I also do have AVG installed.

As I only had 1 mem stick (a 1gb or 1024mb), I think individual testing is kinda a moot point, as that's pretty much what it was.

It has since been replced with a different 1 Gig stick.

If I could acctually access my computer (currently using a friends laptop), I'd have another half dozen or so minidumps to post....as shortly after that last message I got another blue screen error....followed shortly by my computer trying to start, getting as far as loading windows, then having a blue screen flash past too fast to read and restarting its self again....even in safe mode. Seems to be stuck in an endless loop of that now....hence me not being able to access it.

EDIT: OK, now know what the blue screen says at start up: Unmountable boot volume Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back