MACHINE_CHECK.EXCEPTION blue screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the SAME following message on my computer:

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

MACHINE_CHECK.EXCEPTION

If this is the first time you’ve seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced start up options, and then select safe mode.

Technical information:

***STOP: 0X0000009C (0X00000004, 0X805366F0, 0XB2000000, 0X00070F0F)

I DID THE NEXT BEST THING I KNEW TO DO WAS TO UP DATE MY BIOS ON MY MOTHERBOARD & VID CARD ALSO MY AUDIO AND I HAVENT HAD THIS MEASSAGE COME UP AGAIN. HOPE IT WORKS FOR YOU AS IT WORKED FOR ME.
MOTHERBOARD=K8N NEO2 PLATINUM (MSI)
ATHLON XP 64 3500
1GB HYPER TRED W/ ECC 3700/400 KINGSTON
ATI 9250 256MB
SONY CD/DVDRW 710A
MAXTOR ATA 133 160GB INTERNAL
MAXTOR ATA 133 120GB INTERNAL
MAXTOR ATA 133 80GB INTERNAL
MAXTOR ATA 133 120GB EXTERNAL
POWER SUPPLY BY A 500W

Same here taking it in to be repaired where I bought it keep you posted how it goes.

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

MACHINE_CHECK.EXCEPTION

If this is the first time you’ve seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced start up options, and then select safe mode.

Technical information:

***STOP: 0X0000009C (0X00000004, 0X805366F0, 0XB2000000, 0X00070F0F)

Computer:
AMD Athlon 64 2800+
Asus K8V- X SE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back