TechSpot

MacOS Bootdisk.. Need one

By Rick
Apr 14, 2003
  1. Can anyone help me out here?

I am currently attempting to emulate Mac OS 8 on my PC, but I'll need a boot disk to get started I believe.

I was wondering if anyone out there has a MacOS 7 or 8 boot disk that they can image for me?

Perhaps BIN or .image format... Or if you can point me in the right direction. :) Thanks.

2. DigitAlex

DigitAlex TechSpot Paladin Posts: 583

i also need a macOS 7 boot disk because i have a very old but still funny apple laptop and it won't boot at all without this disk so i can't use it :(

what could I do ? install macos again on it? (it has no CD drive ... it's a very old one)

3. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

Funny that I'm emulating MacOS 8.1 using a hard disk image and MacOS CD, and I don't know how to create a boot floppy..

[​IMG]

4. Mictlantecuhtli

5. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,630   +321

Really you guys dont' have one? AH I'm sorry I'm not on my mac right now (those of you who know me know I only know mac os 6-8.5) but you only need a few files, its much simplier than making a dos boot disk I assure you.
    Rick if you havne't figured out one by tuesday I'll hook you up, but I imagine you will already have one by then or won't need one anymore.

6. SNGX1275

Mict - that one where you say you are emulating OS 8.1... thats not 8.1 buddy.... those "cool" colors didn't exist until at least 9.0 and I don't think they did until X.

7. Mictlantecuhtli

8. SNGX1275

I'll be very impressed if you can make a real mac look like that mict. as far as I know you just don't get that cool "aqua" interface in os 8

9. Elcarion

Elcarion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 188

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.