Maddog MegaSTOR 16x Double Layer DVD Burner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchase a Maddog MegaSTOR 16x Double Layer DVD Burner in November of 2004. At the beginning I was using TDK 4x blank media DVD's to back up my home movies and everything was working fine. I have tried Phillips and just recently TDK 8x DVD's and after about 15 mins of burning I would get a writing error. I am at wits end with this issues. Anybody out there that has the same device and has been having similar issues. Or any ideas from anyone?

Its not unheard of for cd or dvd burners to not agree with certain media. I say just stick with what works.

My Lite-On 8x burns Sony 8x dvd-r disks beautifully, one day I needed some more but the store only had the 4x versions of the sonys, so I got them. When I tried to burn the burner would spit it out with an error right off the start. I traded those Sony 4x to a friend for some generic 4x that he bought in bulk, and my burner has burned every one of those fine.

Maddog MegaSTOR 8x Double Layer

Well, I started to think and used the KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) method. The burner I have is an 8x burner however, I have not been successfull burning 8x DVD's. Why, I am not sure about that yet, but I am going to get to the bottom of it. I have been using DVD X COPY Platinum with my burner and I have yet to find an option that lets me change the burning speed withing DVD X COPY. I started to use DVD Shrink and low and behold I was able to burn an 8x disk such as the TDK and the Fujifilm ones, that I thought were forever going to be coasters, and I was successfull burning them at 4x speed. It does take longer, but as log as I can still utilize my DVD's I am happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back