Main Monitor is Black and Trying to Detect Input

I have dual monitors set up and have never had an issue before today. My main monitor is black and keeps searching all the input options. When I go to display settings, my computer is detecting both monitors. I tried restarting the computer, making sure all cords are fully connected. What else can I try? What may be the issue?

The monitor is currently hooked up with a display port cord. I tried an HDMI cord and had the same issue. Tried with the monitor that is not working and also with a spare monitor that uses HDMI.

"keeps searching all the input options." - no input found - bad monitor, bad connection, bad cable, bad card, problem with motherboard slot.

I understand that you swapped out the displayport cable and tried a (hopefully known good) HDMI - so it is unlikely to be a bad cable

"Tried with the monitor that is not working and also with a spare monitor that uses HDMI." I'm too uncertain as to what this means to form an opinion.

Basic approach.. replace suspect component with 'lnown good' - when it works, the component which you replaced is probably bad.

Back