Maingear ships $999 MX-L 15 multimedia laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

Catering to its usual audience, Maingear has launched a new multimedia-friendly laptop. The MX-L 15 starts at $999 and is outfitted with a 15.6-inch 1366x768 display, an Intel Core i5-520M 2.4GHz processor, 2GB of DDR3 1333MHz RAM, an AMD Mobility Radeon 4570 512MB, a 160GB 7200RPM HDD, and a DVD burner.

There are a variety of hardware options available, and the MX-L 15 maxes out with a 1600x900 LCD, a 1.73GHz Core i7-820QM, 8GB of RAM, a 320GB disk or 512GB flash drive, and a Blu-ray reader. All configurations include gigabit Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n wireless, Bluetooth, a 2MP webcam, HD audio, and a six-cell battery.

The MX-L15 ships with your choice of Windows 7 Home Premium 32/64-bit, Professional, or Ultimate -- and absolutely no bloatware. It's also backed by lifetime labor and phone support as well as one-year of Maingear's "Angelic Service."

Permalink to story.

Nice notebook, we're really starting to see more and more of the i3 and i5 processors popping up in them.

I am trying to review these specs again and again.. but I do not see the $999 price tag being justified here.

The default processor and video card are decent, but the screen is rubbish. For some reason Maingear has decided to only include 2gb of RAM, a 160gb hd, and no Blu-ray. Honestly, it seems overpriced.

I still cannot make a comparison between Maingear and Alienware...You can get a Alienware M15x for 1199 dollars which is ALMOST twice better then this Maingear

Never heard of this company, but I wish more companies would adopt the "no bloatware" policy.

Great looking laptop with tempting capabilities, but worth the price? Lacks RAM and is hard to compare to my favorite Macs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back