TechSpot

Maingear to launch 11.6-inch Ivy Bridge gaming notebook on June 3

By Shawn Knight
Apr 30, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Maingear is set to release an 11-inch gaming laptop powered by Intel's recently announced Ivy Bridge processor. The Pulse will fill the gap left by Dell's Alienware M11x, an 11-inch...

Read the whole story
  2. Jesse

Jesse TechSpot Staff Posts: 368   +39

1366x768... bah. Why bother reading further?
  3. BMfan

BMfan TechSpot Guru Posts: 479   +48

Why do you need a higher res for such a small screen?
    It's as pointless as having a 720p screen on a phone.
  4. 1366x768 ! Woah ! which year is this ? 1998-2000 ?
  5. i wonder how you can play highly detailed games like skyrim or witcher 2 on such a small screen ?
    11'' is definately not for gaming.
  6. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,890   +354

Guest, is any laptop for gaming?

Its a portable gaming solution thats what, a foot and a half away from your face? 1366x768 is plenty for that screen and distance, and its not supposed to be a complete gaming solution.
    I play skyrim on my 15.5 inch 1366-768 just fine. im buying a 1080p 23 incher shortly, but what i have works.
  7. Justgivemeaname

Justgivemeaname Newcomer, in training Posts: 37

I have a 17.5 inch laptop that's designed for gaming. Bought it 4 or 5 years ago for about the same price this netbook will be going for.
  8. Another 1366x678 piece of crap to ignore. *yawn*
  9. If you actually look at the specs and remove your small laptop bias it looks like it could be a capable machine. I have an M11x R3 and it plays fine in most games without to many hiccups. Only problem I ever have is BF3's cpu usage slowing me down but I still get about 30fps on medium-low settings. It's not for everyone but if your a student like me who games during free time out at school and doesn't want to haul around a brick (more than 5-6lbs) it works great. Frankly if my M11x ever dies or the hinge breaks again I'd look into one of these 11.6's with the nvidia 650M.
  10. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,890   +354

the point i was trying to make is anyone who is really going for best performace and nothing else matters will get a desktop. These are meant to be at least slightly portable and arent meant to be as good as desktops for the same price.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.