Major problem with my motherboard fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a month maybe my mobo fan has been acting very strange. It slows down, almost stops then it starts spinning again, slows down again, starts spinning, etc... And in times it stops completely. This whole slowing down-starting up process makes a really annoying noise, and it must make the chipset (is it called that?) hot. It's a small fan, maybe 1,5" and it's directly on the board.

I don't really know what to do, and i would be thankfull for any advice. Is there someway I can repair it, or is there a replacement of some kind?

I have an Asus A8V-e Deluxe, mobo.

I'm thankfull for any help, and don't hesitate to ask me anymore questions if anything is unclear.

Best regards, Ulle

If its the fan that came with the processor you can probably just go to a comp usa and find a replacement or order online.

It's not the CPU fan, it's a fan directly on the motherboard. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's called chipset fan in bios.

Oh ok, I get you now sorry about that. Yeah you can probably go to the manufactuer for that part. They might have a replacement. Or google it

Well, the thing is I didn't buy it from a normal shop but a bit cheaper as a bulk version on ebay. Don't know if the manufactuer covers it then.

Is there nothing I can buy to replace the original broken fan with?

Sure. You can buy separate chipset fans and it doesn't have to be the same brand as the original. You just have to know the size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back