making ghost CD

By asylum
Jun 29, 2004
  1. Hi I am using win 2000 and I have pretty much stuffs here already. I am talking about 40GB, Now what I want is to make a ghost bootable CD of this win2000 with anti virus only, is it possible?

Can anyone helpme pls?
  2. asylum

asylum TS Rookie Topic Starter

BTW, I have norton ghost software installed, What is the best option to make clone of OS,drivers and anti-virus only?
  3. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

The easiest way to do this would be to format your drive, install Win 2000, then update all your drivers/ patches install your AV software, then use something like DriveImage to create a backup of the entire drive.
  4. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,202   +422

What Poert said - once you have all that other stuff on there ghost is gonna capture it. You dont' have much granularity with ghost - the lowest you can go is partitions. You'll either have to capture it all or start over and capture while building your machine.
  5. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

Create the Ghost floppy and then use that floppy to make a bootable CD (your CD burning software asks you for it).
  6. Nic

Nic TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,549

If you are talking about making a bootable self-restoring CD/DVD (complete with the image you wish to restore), then it is possible, but I personally don't know how to create such a disc.
  7. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

It's an option in Ghost. Just point and click.
  8. asylum

asylum TS Rookie Topic Starter

I didn't understand a thing. Can anyone explain in plain english
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.