TechSpot

Making The Best use of new motherboards audio resources

By BillAllen55
Jan 19, 2009
  1. I'm in the process of putting together a new computer build using a motherboard from Gigabyte I'm using the GA-EP45-UD3P motherboard with an Wolfdale Intel 3.16 processor. 2 cards of 1 gig each ram. The onboard audio is from a chip titled: Realtek ALC889A suggesting it has 8 channels as part of its resources.
    I'm hoping with this setup with the correct direction (from an expert) I might be able to put together an audio sound system that would put out good to excellent sound.
    I'm not particularly interested in a live streaming type video of process but more just to the music side of a component.
    I'm asking what type of speakers and amplifier would be best in the 250 to 300 dollar price range? Before anyone suggests that I 'google' this to find the best answer this already has been done made me more frustrated than a one legged man in a b**t kicken contest!

2. BillAllen55

BillAllen55 TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 421

Speaker System Suggestion

bump
    If the redundancy is improper I apologize in advance. Do with the thread as you see fit.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.