Malicious malware/spyware/trojans- Internet security tool virus!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I have in the last couple of weeks been experiencing serious problems with a virus/malware/spyware (I dont know the difference, but seems to be all three!)
It started off as the internet security tool virus which stopped me from using most programs and kept on using a fake pop up box to try and convince me to buy the "internet security tool" in order to keep my documents safe etc.
Although I managed to get rid of the main components of this virus by running the rkill files I found online to shut it down before the virus kicks in at start up and then running several virus, spyware and malware scans (I have mainly been using Norman anti virus, the full package, super anti spyware free trial which wont let me update its definitions and malwarebytes free trial which also wont let me update.)
After the main part of it was removed there still seems to be big problems with my computer. It is causing firefox to redirect my google searches to sites other than the one I want such as genieknows, I am repeatedly getting blue screen errors and screenlock causing me to reboot it from the button on the front of the pc tower.
And now the worse symptom is that explorer wont run unless i type in explorer.exe in the run file option on task manager.
I would very much like this to get fixed without having to go through wiping my computer, reinstalling windows etc as it is expensive, consuming and need my computer as I am a student.
if you could get back to me on any possible solutions I would be very grateful.
thanks guys!

Please follow the steps in the Preliminary Virus and Removal Guide HERE.

Try uninstalling the Mbam and SAS you have, then install new. IF you can't update, run anyway. Be sure to check the lined to remove what they find in Mbam and SAS. You don't need to try to remove anything in HJT.

When you have finished, please attach all 3 logs for out review.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back