Mass Effect: Andromeda Review

So far I really like it. Character animation isn't that great. Acting is ok. Game play is good, weapons really good! World design is absolutely gorgeous! Graphics are beautiful!

I'm getting an average of 58fps, Max settings on my EVGA GTX 980ti Classified graphics card, on a Dell 3440x1440 Screen 21x9.

Wish I had more time to play, workiing a lot of hours lately. Worth the $60. If you have a beefy machine you really should get this game.

The first half of the review makes me think this game is part ME3 multiplayer and part Fallout 4 settlement building and weapon modification. The second half of the review gives me hope. ME1 had its problems as well (driving the Mako, clumsy inventory system) that they tweaked and improved on in later games.
But the ending to ME3 showed that they want your game choices to have almost no meaning and that seems to have carried through here. I am no longer as bitter about the ME3 ending as the free DLC improved it to the point where it is a good ending (Synthesis rules!), just not a great ending. They just took too long to get it to that point and they seem to be stumbling in Andromeda as well.

I have dumped about 15-20 hours into it. It is MUCH better than most of the reviewers give it credit for, but it does have a few mildly annoying aspects to it. I must first say that the problems I read in the reviews, are not nearly as bad as people make it sound.

The biggest issue I have is figuring out which weapons are better.

Back