TechSpot

Master Browsing

By computer?
Jul 29, 2008
  1. I have 4 windows xp pro computers and 1 Vista sp1 computer the problem is I can see all the XP machines ping them by name and IP, but when I go to create a mapping from the Vista machine to the 4 XP machines they will not map. Any ideas would be great.

2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

What are you using to map?

3. computer?

computer? TS Rookie Topic Starter

I'm not using anything to map the drive. I am right clicking on my my computer then create map drive.

4. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 9,322   +622

be sure to allow the SSDP and Mapping Services are started.

5. computer?

Hi jobeard, the ssdp and mapping serivces are started.

6. computer?

Does anyone else have any ideas? Any ideas would be great. Thanks in advance.

7. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 9,322   +622

mapping will find ONLY Vista systems UNTIL you add another discovery service to XP
    search; MS Support

8. computer?

Hi jobeard,

The Vista machines see's all the XP machines and the folders when I browse to them. I just can not access them. When I create a new folder and share it out everything is good. I have looked at file and permissons and everything else. I am out of ideas. I installed that LLTD on the XP machines and when the option is checked in the network properties then I can not see any of the XP machines uncheck and I can see the XP machines. Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.