Max Payne Help plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

skitzo_zac

Can someone tell me why Max Payne wont work on my system? It can get into the game but when I start a game it quits the program and comes up with some bull**** error crap!

Probably drivers need to be updated. Are you familiar with updating drivers?

Check you vid card driver first, update if you don't have the newest and try again.

If that doesn't work, check your motherboard chipset drivers (from the website of your motherboard maker). Update if there are newer drivers and try again.

If that doesn't work, motherboard bios updates (again, from your motherboard maker's site).

By the way, can you play other games without problems?

It would also be helpful if you can fill in your profile with more info on your system (motherboard etc.).

Drivers

I'll try getting new drivers for my vid card and mother board.
This is the first game i have had problems with. Max Payne worked perfectly on my old computer even though it was a piece of crap. On this computer i have successfully installed and played Vice City, Far Cry, Doom 3, Deus Ex (Probably my favourite game ever), Battlefield 1942, Half Life 2 and other games.

Also I shall try and fill in more info about my system as best i can, thanks for your help.

Drivers

I cant find any drivers for ethier my video card or motherboard. But i have updated my system specs and I think it is accurate. Do you know how I can find out what sort of cooling i have or do I just open up my case and look insied?

Try the buttons that say "download drivers".

Common now... you have to put in a LITTLE effort of your own here. :rolleyes:

Bah.

I'll be nice.

You can update your video drivers here HERE :

You can update your motherboard HERE
You want the 4in1 drivers.

Or an easier way is to have MSI automatically detect what you need and do it for you by clicking HERE

Drivers

Thank you for the driver links I had found the nvidia river but i didnt think that was the one i needed for some unknown reason but i couldnt find the msi one so thankyou for your help.

More Problems

I updated my nvidia drivers but not the MSI ones because it said something about flashing my mother board and it scared me off. It still didnt work with just the nvidia drivers but then i got the latest patch for it and it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back