Maxtor hard drive needs new booting partition

Status
Not open for further replies.

stealedcircle

hey

where can i get a program to reinstall the orignal partition to a maxtor plus 9 200gb harddrive i've check the web page but really can't find what i'm looking for maybe i'm missing somthing???

:hotbounce

thanks

clarify your question..
2 partitions and you want to put them back together

or format the drive

or you've lost teh boot partition (which case look under 'windows repair boot sector')

or its brand new and hasnt been initialised?

more info

it's my brothers hardrive and from what i can telll he deleted the origanal partition that has the booting info on the drive so now when ever u turn the computer on it just says bootdisk not found please put in and press enter i do this nd still nothing happens.

Do you want the data that was on the disk?

If not, then just boot your operating system CD and reinstall.

If you want your data back, then you should find out exactly what happened. Examine the disk in another computer to see what data is still intact.

Can you afford to get an advanced data recovery program?

Did someone write zeroes to the whole disk? Was the bootloader destroyed? Was a partition table entry deleted? Was the whole partition table deleted?

Are there still some partitions around? Do you know what the original partition layout was?

bootloader destroyed i think thats what the problem is i've used a floppy boot disk sytem to start running xp but then it won't install files. so i'm really sure it's the boot stuff i need to re load onto the drive. but i can't find where i can find a program or what the program is i would need

XP recovery console contains two commands: fixmbr and fixboot to restore the boot code to the master boot record and the WIndows partition. Just pop in your XP CD and boot from it. Enter recovery console when asked. If your HD is SATA, then you need to load the SATA drives using the F6 key and a floppy.

it won't tke the cd it wont boot with the cd i have and it won't boot with any other cd i've tryed 98 and it says that the origanal partition is damaged and that 98 will not load and xp only gets half way through set up then stops loading files.

what program can i get off maxtor that will creat a floppy i can load and rebuild the boot for the drive i've checked the web page and just can't tell which program is the one i need.

it's a maxtor hard drive and i think the problems with that nothing to do with windows. maybe i'm a ******* and don't know jack **** aboot computers but from what i've had to deal with this one is that when u go to load any windows program on what should be an empty hardrive it will not load should there not be a "boot" somthing or other already on the hard drive to run any programs u want to load onto it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back