McAfee Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterproof

Im trying uninstall it but having major difficulties, the entry is deleted and its not fully installed, its in my computer, where i go to uninstall programs, the file for it to uninstall it, its not there. Also its really stuffing up my computer, any help on that?

Also, I downloaded the security suite 07 from McAfee and when it says to verify it, i click the link and it goes to a blank page, and therefore i can not use the program, the security centre for it have major problems it cant find the coponents and the anti virus wont work, and everytime i want to uninstall it, it would freeze the pop up for it and wont work.... Also when i try to unistall it, it says file not found, when i went through to my computer folder and through program files, the folder for mcafee is there and when i want to rename it so i can delete it, access denied it says, how do i remove all components from mcafee out of my computer where i tried many times.

lol also Kaspersky i also installed that but it says i have mcafee anti virus and needs to unistall it and restart my computer, but it cant find where mcafee located at, and i have no knowledge as well, and that too it kept telling me to restart my computer because it cant find mcafee antivirus and numerous errors arose from it

someone told me to 'reroute it through the hexaganol mainframe, cluster the dredge memory L-charge' can anyone instruct me how to do that?

waterproof said:
someone told me to 'reroute it through the hexaganol mainframe, cluster the dredge memory L-charge' can anyone instruct me how to do that?
Yes.You push a custard pie into that person`s face :)

There is a Mcafee removal tool referenced HERE that might help.It`s called MCPR.EXE.

Peddant said:
Yes.You push a custard pie into that person`s face :)

There is a Mcafee removal tool referenced HERE that might help.It`s called MCPR.EXE.

ohh thanks for the help, i'll see how it goes thanks :)

i've done it but there's a problem

i was trying to install kaspersky security suite and it says i have mcafee antivirus installed on my computer and needs to restart to uninstall it, but it cant uninstall it because the mcafee anti virus is nowhere to be found, any clue on that?

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial62.html

Click start/run and type services.msc into the run box and press the enter key.

When the window appears, maximise it. Double click on the following services(if there) and select stop if they are running. Set the startup type to disabled. Click apply/ok for each service you disable.

McAfee WSC Integration
McAfee SecurityCenter Update Manager

Close the services window.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

MPFTray.exe
mcregwiz.exe
mcdetect.exe
mcupdmgr.exe
ALCXMNTR.EXE

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = local

R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - (no file)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcxMonitor] ALCXMNTR.EXE

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [McRegWiz] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcregwiz.exe /autorun

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MPFEXE] "C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\Personal Firewall\MPFTray.exe"

O11 - Options group: [INTERNATIONAL] International*

O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/mcinsctl/4,0,0,99/mcinsctl.cab

O16 - DPF: {8E6AA867-94D4-4B4F-8791-1B048F8C122A} (WebInterface Class) - https://fastsend.com/products/Fsplugin.cab

O16 - DPF: {BCC0FF27-31D9-4614-A68E-C18E1ADA4389} - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/mcgdmgr/1,0,0,26/mcgdmgr.cab

O16 - DPF: {EF791A6B-FC12-4C68-99EF-FB9E207A39E6} (McFreeScan Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/iss-loc/vso/en-us/tools/mcfscan/2,0,0,4592/mcf scan.cab

O21 - SSODL: System - {E9753639-27C4-4D23-9D24-0F8FB1256BB2} - mcsys.dll (file missing)

O23 - Service: McAfee WSC Integration (McDetect.exe) - Unknown owner - c:\program files\mcafee.com\agent\mcdetect.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: McAfee SecurityCenter Update Manager (mcupdmgr.exe) - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcupdmgr.exe (file missing)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com Delete the entire folder.

ALCXMNTR.EXE Search your system for this file and delete all instances of it.

Reboot into normal mode, turn system restore back on and rehide your protected OS files.

See if that helps.

Regards Howard :)

C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com Delete the entire folder.

ALCXMNTR.EXE Search your system for this file and delete all instances of it.

^^ im having a hard time trying to find these folders, can you help me where to locate it?

C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com is C:\program files\McAfee.com

You will need to search for the ALCXMNTR.EXE

Click start/search/all files and folders and enter ALCXMNTR.EXE into the all or part of the filename box and click the search button.

the folder for Mcafee in program files is missing for some reason

and i deleted the ALCXMNTR, so ima reboot and see how it goes

Ok mate.

You could also type mcafee into the search box as well.

Post a fresh HJT log, once you`re back in normal mode.

howard_hopkinso said:
Ok mate.

You could also type mcafee into the search box as well.

Post a fresh HJT log, once you`re back in normal mode.

i still have a problem, when i did it i wanted to install kaspersky internet suite and before it could be installed it says i have mcafee anti virus suite, and it couldnt finish the installation because i have that installed and it couldnt find the folder etc for it

Your HJT log is free from Mcafee entries, except for a 016 entry which shouldn`t make any difference.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and see if there are any McAfee entries there. If there are, try and uninstall them.

Use search as you did before and look for anything to do with mcafee. If you find anything delete it.

Then, try going back to the link I gave you in my first post in this thread. Follow as many of the instructions as you can.

If none of the above works, I`m out of ideas.

howard_hopkinso said:
Your HJT log is free from Mcafee entries, except for a 016 entry which shouldn`t make any difference.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and see if there are any McAfee entries there. If there are, try and uninstall them.

Use search as you did before and look for anything to do with mcafee. If you find anything delete it.

Then, try going back to the link I gave you in my first post in this thread. Follow as many of the instructions as you can.

If none of the above works, I`m out of ideas.

thank you for all the help :) hopefully i'll do what you have instructed and see how it goes

it still have that problem should i reinstall mcafee from the cd and try to get mcafee back again or would it damage with errors?

I think that`s probably the best way to go. Then you can try and uninstall it as per the instructions in the first link I gave you.

just as a matter of interest.. i had a problem trying to remove zone alarm. the problem was caused because i failed to stop the programme at start-up, thus leaving some files still in tact and made them impossible to remove and impossible to re-install. because this annoyed me i formatted.. yes all my fault, just because i was lazy and forgetful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back