McAffee SiteAdvisor says we're spamming

D

DelJo63

McAffee SiteAdvisor is showing Techspot.com as spamming and producing popups

Code:
User Review Summary for techspot.com

This site is good (4)              This [COLOR="Red"]site spams[/COLOR] (3)

[COLOR="Red"]Adware, spyware, or viruses (1) [/COLOR]    Excessive [COLOR="Red"]popups (1)[/COLOR]

Phishing or other scams (0)         Bad shopping experience (0)

Browser exploit (0)

Julio might like to rebut those findings :)

I just noticed that from one of the user posts in the news, I will be on it shortly unfortunately I'm currently away from the office attending CES, so I've got little time to get this straightened out.

In the meantime, if you don't mind spending a few minutes visiting mcafee's siteadvisor site and reporting the truth (what spam have we ever sent?) I would appreciate that.

The website appears to treat the registration confirmation email as spam. Yet to register as a reviewer for their site there is a confirmation email. A lot of the "reviews" are more than two years old. Evidently there are no qualifications to becoming a reviewer.

There is a place for website owners to leave comments.

McAffee SiteAdvisor is showing Techspot.com as spamming and producing popups

Code:
User Review Summary for techspot.com

This site is good (4)              This [COLOR="Red"]site spams[/COLOR] (3)

[COLOR="Red"]Adware, spyware, or viruses (1) [/COLOR]    Excessive [COLOR="Red"]popups (1)[/COLOR]

Phishing or other scams (0)         Bad shopping experience (0)

Browser exploit (0)
I suppose that "Vibrance" ads could be considered "pop-ups" to someone either inexperienced or in a foul mood.

We had a member once that started a thread complaining that Techspot was setting "spyware cookies" (double-click.net)

>> However, the "adware, spyware, or viruses" is way too harsh, even if they'd read one of my posts.<<...!

Back