Media Player 10 /roxio 9 And Intervideo

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi just joined looking for some help and advice PLEASE! I have rebuilt my pc installed roxio 9 after 10 would work properly got that installed then media player wouldnt play dvd files but power dvd an old version did work version 4 for xp so i decided to buy power dvd version 7 which i haven installed yet , i was puzzled as to why media player 10 wouldnt play dvds apparently it is to do wiyh no mpeg 2 codec so thats why i have bought the latest power dvd the reasoning being get the latest versions and upgrade the older software ,i then started getting problems with software called intervideo player which somehow sneaked onto my pc causing chaos with autoplay of dvds and cds i wasnt sure whether to remove it , i dont know how it got there! in the first place but it has been a pain can i safely remove it or disable it? there appears to be far too many players competing and this is the source of my problems can anyone advise me the best course of action currently i have windows home xp power dvd 4 is installed and roxio ds suite 9 , i would prefer windows to play audio and video power dvd for dvd playback , i have xvid for my camera video playback which seems ok, once i have configured the pc and hopefully blocked/removed intervideo player hopefully that will sort this mess out , i have just spent 45 pounds on new power dvd software which i suspect i didnt need! before i upgraded to roxio i had media play 9 and just power dvd which worked just fine i only installed media player 10 as roxio required it please help to resolve my software chaos i have tried to keep burning software to just one item but they seem to have installed all manner of players there where no options to decline intervideo either Thanks

Hi Whiskers,
Media Palyer 10 should drive a DVD. Perhaps your DVD player is bad... they burn out frequently after a year.
Intervidio was installed when your burner software was installed... you can remove it without problems...
You do have a lot of software competing for DVD rights... Media Player, Power DVD 4, Intervideo, Camera XVID.
First thing to do is reinstall Media Player 10, or download the newer and better Media Player 11... then click on all these software tools to give or remove permissions.

I run EMC 9 Deluxe (with Intervideo) and WMP11 with no issues.
1.Did you install update for EMC9 (Vista, don't know about XP)? made available by Roxio last week. Run a Roxio software update check.
2.Cinema Player and Power DVD are incompatable with each other. When I was installing my X-Fi sound card Power DVD is part of the software suite and it won't install if you have Roxio. It's no biggie for me but you can use one or the other, not both.

Google and find a source you trust for DECCHECK.EXE this will allow you to choose which mpeg2 codec is the active one.

That should solve your problem, at least what I'm guessing is your problem, I got lost in that mess of 14 lines of run-on-sentence.

Some DVD player is not good enough ,which can't read many kinds of media.I use Kmplayer that can read all I want to see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back