Meet Baxter, My Maine Coon BFF

captaincranky

This mage was originally intended to go into a PM. But, our PM protocol doesn't allow for attaching files. :confused: Although this doesn't really conform to the "technical subject matter" for which this site is ostensibly "famous". (Political discussions notwithstanding), I thought a cat lover or two might get a kick out of it So, meet Baxter, a nine year old, (mostly), Maine Coon rescue:Baxter_DSC_0168 copy.jpg
At last weigh in, he clocked in at about 23 lbs. Notice that he's "lynx point challenged", (the tops of the ear tufts which purebred cats of this type are famous). Sadly that, combined with his ceaseless indolence, make him a poor candidate for YouTube or show ring stardom.

Last edited:
This mage was originally intended to go into a PM. But, our PM protocol doesn't allow for attaching files. :confused: Although this doesn't really conform to the "technical subject matter" for which this site is ostensibly "famous". (Political discussions notwithstanding), I thought a cat lover or two might get a kick out of it So, meet Baxter, a nine year old, (mostly), Maine Coon rescue:View attachment 88301
At last weigh in, he clocked in at about 23 lbs. Notice that he's "lynx point challenged", (the tops of the ear tufts which purebred cats of this type are famous). Sadly that, combined with his ceaseless indolence, make him a poor candidate for YouTube or show ring stardom.
I had a mainecoon who "adopted us". Hung around the house all the time as a kitten, neighbors moved and abandoned him. That winter it got cold, we let him and he he never left. That cat gave us 20 great years. Had a nack for catching rabbits and leaving their headless bodies on the porch.

His 2 favorite foods were potato chips and hot pepper cheese. We never bought cat food, he always just ate what we ate. He particularly liked Big Macs and going for car rides.

A phrase frequently uttered around the house was "that cat's not right..."

I had a mainecoon who "adopted us". Hung around the house all the time as a kitten, neighbors moved and abandoned him. That winter it got cold, we let him and he he never left. That cat gave us 20 great years. Had a nack for catching rabbits and leaving their headless bodies on the porch.
Gratitude for your kindness. :joy:(y) (Y)

@wiyosaya For better or worse, I adapted the photo you showed me to a, (allegedly, your tastes and opinion may vary), full fledged desktop background for Windows @1080p resolution.

Last edited:
And it was whatever he caught, just eat the heads.
Some cultures believed that eating the brain of their victims increased their own intelligence. So, the cat apparently wanted to make himself smarter, and you simply fatter.

Back