Memory not compatible

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi there
i think i am having a weird problem.i have two system one p4 2ghz
,512 mb ddr ram and athlon xp2000+ with motherboard a7v8x-mx and 256 mb ram.p4 motherboard is asus p4b533-vm.the problem is i tried to use the ddr ram from p4 system to athlon but it does not boot making a sound meaning ram not recognised.well the both motherboard support ddr sdram of same specifications.only difference i found out was the ram in p4 system is double sided while one in athlon is not.i tried the other way round and the single sided memory of athlon is compatable with my p4 system.what could be the problem?please help here since i am going to buy a new motherboard for the p4 for i am having trouble with the asus p4b533-vm.i am afraid if my memory will be not compatible with the new board.the board i am going to buy is MSI MS6585.

What sort of ram is it that you are talking about???

Go to www.crucial.com and use their database to see what ram all the different mobo's you are on about will take.

Your Crucial System Scanner Results
Scan ID# 11B74BB731D926C3
Computer Manufacturer
Computer Model
CPU Manufacturer
CPU Family
CPU Speed-2001hz
Front-Side Bus Speed-100 MHz

ASUS
7 MHP4B533-VM
GenuineIntel
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.00GHz

Currently Installed Memory-512 MB
Maximum Memory Capacity-2048MB
Total Number Of Memory Slots-2
Available Memory Slots -0

Slot 1
256 MB
Non-parity DDR PC2100
Slot 2
256 MB
Non-parity DDR PC2100

the ram i had already mentioned is ddr sdram pc2100.is there any difference between single sided and double sided ddr sdrams?

is there any difference between single sided and double sided ddr sdrams?
It may sound redundant, but thats exactly the difference.

Mind you some motherboards are that picky that you'll need exaclty the same or a specific one/pair (and if your planning to run more than 1 stick of ram, all matching)

Although that rule of having matching brand, size, type etc, is just so to find the highest chances of compatibility but won't apply to all pcs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back