Status
Not open for further replies.

tommy2k8

My client's computer is very slow.
I have done the usual:

Viruse, spyware scan
Disk cleanup
Disk Defrag

I replaced the memory in my client's computer as it was reported to be faulty, but that didn't make a difference! It's a touch faster but it's still slow.
Although I ran TuffTest, and no disk errors, I decided to do a disk test with the manufacturer test - it's a Maxtor drive but they have been taken over by Seagate. However, neither the DOS or Windows version reported that there was no disk in the system!
I am doing a Stellar Smart Early Disk Warning System scan, and that found a disk!
I am fast running out of ideas!
What next?!

Specs

It is an:

eMachines Inc. Imperial Revision 0.90
Intel Celeron 2.30GHz
1.5GB Memory
TriGem Computers Revision 1.10 mboard
BIOS Pheonix 6.00 06/17/2003 - American date format
80GB Hard drive
Maxtor 4R080J0 disk
Windows XP SP3

1) Have you tried running ccleaner on it and used the registry scanner/cleaner?
2) Is it a SATA hard drive or?
3) If you boot it up in safe mode is it still slow?
4) Have you updated the motherboard and device drivers?
5) Have you checked the connections inside the computer and made sure none of them are loose?
6) When was the last time it had a new application of thermal compound applied to the cpu?
7) Have you tried monitoring the cpu and hard disk tempatures?
8) Is there dust in the fans or are they fairly clean?
9) Have you checked the event viewer for any errors that might relate to the problem?
10) Have you tried loading setup defaults in the BIOS?

It's now got 768MB RAM, which it had before (upgraded it to 1.5GB, but, after liasing with my client took the new ones out because that didn't solve the problem)
I reformatted the drive, reinstalled, and then straight away (even though a TuffTest disk test said there is nothing wrong with the disk) ran a disk test via Stellar Smart Early Disk Warning system. Once again, it kept displaying a popup, notifying me the temperature was 46C, and then it came up with 'Error: Access Violation at 0x00422586 (tried to write to 0x000000A8_ program terminated. I have emailed Stellar with the system screenshots and problem details and are waiting for them to get back to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back