Memtest86+ display gets 'no signal'

pcnthuziast

I have a new build that I just put together yesterday and now I'm trying to run memtest86+. Started a run before I went to sleep and when I woke up and tried to turn the display on it gets no signal. I tried plugging and unplugging the hdmi cable, tried unplugging the display a few seconds and even tried another display. Was unable to get a signal. It did appear memtest was still running. Ultimately I had to remive the usb drive with memtest on it and power the system off and back on again. Any idea what's going on?

At this point I'm just gonna leave the display on, but leaving it on for 24 hours sucks. It's a display I don't care about and it's va so it probably won't get burned in, but still sucks.

I think it is a sign that you have instability already. Power issues? Heat Issues? Passmark's Memtest is the first thing I run too. You can check temps on the BIOS screen and with the PSU and swap out to know a good one never hurts. So many issues have been solved for me with PSU swap-outs.

Replaced the ram. It had failed at about 9 hours. The replacement set is now 18 in so far. Planning to go at least 24. We'll see. Didn't wanna risk any handshake issues with the display so I just left the screen on. It's fine.

The 2nd set went 25 hours with no erros. I installed W11 and had a bunch of issues getting drivers installed and devices working. Gave up when I realized I don't have the passion for it anymore. I always handle stuff with care so I packaged everything up neatly and undamaged and microcenter gave me a full refund. Will be getting a prebuilt or laptop at some point soon. Not likely to wait until next year, but we'll see I guess.

Back