Merge two partitons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to merge two partitions. I recently formatted my computer's hard drive and my friend created partitions on it. The C drive is running out of space and it is causing all kinds of problems, like the system is slow. I downloaded Partition Magic 8 but it was a demo version and didn't work. Is there a freeware I could download to merge the two partitions without losing the data in either of them? Pliz help.

Partition Logic and Cute Partition Manager are both 100% free I believe and can probably merge partitions. The quality of either of those is something I cannot comment on as I don't use them.

*Edit*

Actually, according to Cnet, Cute Partition Manager won't allow you to merge partitions. Check out Partition Logic...

Not sure if you can or not but I found this in reference to GParted. The Moderator there suggests that it's not presently possible to merge with GParted.

I use Partition Magic as well...

I use Acronis Disk Director. Haven't tried the "merge" function but from the documentation

Splitting and Merging Partitions
You can split a partition into two partitions, moving the selected folders to the new partition and leaving the rest of the data on the old one. You can merge two partitions in one as well, even if their file systems are different. All data will stay intact and reside on the resulting partition.

Most of their products have a 15 day free trial offer if you want to check it out and see if it works as you want

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back