TechSpot

Message Twarnmsg keeps popping up and the fan is spinning

By rllngriver
Mar 30, 2007
  1. How can I fix this? Is the message something to worry about?

I changed the twarnmsg.exe file name so it would stop popping up.

It specifically says a problem with the cooling system has been detected, please turn off and return immediately for service.

Intel Celeron M Processor 2.8Ghz
    XP Home SP2

AVG and Norton Internet Security seems to be taking up a lot of resources as per the task list. The CPU usage has been running at 100% lately.

2. ZWERVER

ZWERVER TS Rookie Posts: 55

its can be virus like "sasser" worm. scan your PC

3. rllngriver

rllngriver TS Rookie Topic Starter

What did you end up using to find this worm?

I scanned with Norton,spybot,adaware, and avg. It did not find this? What do you recommend?

4. ZWERVER

can u restore windows??? if yes do it, and look wat happends

5. rllngriver

I did complete restore and I am sorry to say the message still came up.

BOO HOO!!!. The CPU is still running at 100%. I have not even installed any 3rd party software yet. Do you think this something I really need to worry about? I think I read somewhere on this forum that someone had the same issue and they were okay.

6. ZWERVER

thats not okay if it always running on 100%.... wich CPU do you have? Ghz..Mhz??
    i think u can beter make a backup of your data, and reinstall windows. Ow Ya and dont forget to format HDD before installatoin.

7. rllngriver

RE: my processor

It is an Intel Celeron M 2.80 GHz. I already did a full format and reinstall. It did not help.Dont worry everything has been backed up.

8. ZWERVER

Celeron processors have lower cache than Pentium. thats can be reason that it run on 100%. But if it run always on 100% its not ok. chek it in "task manager" wich application utilize processor.

9. Exonimus

Exonimus TS Rookie Posts: 77

indeed, check the task manager, click 'processes'
    now look at which process uses the most 'cpu' ) e.g. if it says CPU 06, it uses 6% of your cpu.

10. rllngriver

CPU usage

Well, different processes tend to run up the usage at different times. At this particular moment, they are

svchost.exe
    and
    update.exe

I will keep you posted.

11. NCSUFrenchie

NCSUFrenchie TS Rookie

AVG and Norton IS? Two anti-viruses installed at the same time will "fight" each other because they see the other A/V as a potential threat because they are so deeply embedded in the OS. This can lead to 100% processor usage. Try taking one of them off and see what happens.

12. rllngriver

AVG version is Anti-Malware

This AVG is for malware, not viruses.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.