Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo disk problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

chembrouk

I have a rather strange problem with the MGS2 demo disk that came bundled with Zone of the Enders, when I use it in the PS2 it will not load it, the system will keep trying to spin up the disk but will never load the disk, it does not give any errors such as not being able to read the disk.
The disk itself is scratch free and is like new. The playstation 2 also works with all of my games (16 currently) both of which are on CDs and DVDs.
The MGS2 demo disk will also work in another PS2, which is a newer model - SCPH 30003R. My system model is the one before that the SCPH 30003, they have both got the newest DVD drivers on them (2.10).
Anyone know why the demo might not work?, I personally think that as it is an early demo it is just bugged anyone got any other ideas?

well, if the disk works in a newer PS2 than yours I would think that your PS2 is just incompatible with it. This has been an issue with the older PS2 machines.

I have a PS2 that I received on the launch date of the console in Europe. I have never tried the demo disk but I have just completed the full game. I haven't checked my console version number but it must be quite an old one :)
I would be tempted to try and rent the game if thats possible where you are and see if that works. If you don't want to do this either take the entire game back to where you bought it or contact Konami and inform this of the incompatibility. You never know they might be grateful for this information and send you the full MGS2 (or at very least a compatible demo disk). ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back