Mic issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

cashblingbling

I have a microsoft vx-6000 webcam the mic portion of it has screwed itself up the second time , this was the second replacement for this webcam ,i just wanna know whats causing it, could it be the soundcard or my usb ports ... i have a sound blaster audigy SE soundcard..i know that the webcam isnt defected because when i recording theres like a rumbling and hissing sound but the camera works fine tho ...Thanks

Check the folllowing:
In device manager, confirm your sound card is not marked as in error.
In sounds and audio devices, make sure it is not muted, disabled or the volume turned way down.
Also check that if you have the right mike selected in sounds and audio/audio.

Have you set the recording volume correctly, with the audigy control panel?

Often this can be muted, so it doesn't record while you are just using the computer for something else. So you have to turn the mute off before you start using the mic.

nope no error in device manager , and also not muted and it is selected in the sound menu , still makes that hissing sound and or rumbling

i fixed it this time for sure i took the webcam apart and poked the little metal thing were the mic piece is located and its fixed , i did a search and thats what i found so now its fixed for real..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back