Microsoft confirms October 26 launch date for Surface tablet

By Jos
Jul 30, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft has confirmed its Surface tablet will land alongside Windows 8 on October 26. Although the company had hinted at a simultaneous launch in the past, this is the first time they've actually confirmed a specific date. It should be……

Read more
  2. Kneep

Kneep Newcomer, in training Posts: 40

Has it been confirmed that these will only be available for sale in MS Stores? If so, they aren't going to make much, they don't have a store in every major city yet. Odd marketing ....
  3. If only there was a magical place where anyone with an internet connection could go to purchase something... That would be cool.
  4. Fbarnett

Fbarnett TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 183   +24

you mean kinda like shopping online from our computer? No way it will never work
    Wendig0 likes this.
  5. RubinOnRye

RubinOnRye Newcomer, in training Posts: 56

I did hear from a good friend, Homer J Simpson, that they "have the internet on computers now." Maybe you guys are right, but it could just be rumor.
  6. Teko03

Teko03 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 113   +25

The only I problem I see with this is not being able to test the Touch & Type covers, too see which one feels best.
  7. please just take out the RT
    its not that hard
    one will be called pro and the other nothing
  8. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,806   +1,431

It is my understanding Windows RT is the first and only Windows OS to support Arm Processors.

If that is the case, why would they take out the RT version?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.