TechSpot

Microsoft/Danger: It's a Sidekick disaster, data gone?

By Julio Franco
Oct 12, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haha Microsoft f*ed up. I wonder how much they'll be sued
  2. ---agissi---

---agissi--- TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,383   +15

Lets start a trend and have some class. It goes both ways.
  3. yukka

yukka TechSpot Paladin Posts: 717   +28

Not good when a cloud backup company loses data but I still think the cloud idea is flawed and it will take a few outrages like this to get that across to people. It should just be another backup option, not the only option.
  4. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 6,504   +6

Without a doubt someone will be blamed for this, and even perhaps the story will be that they were not doing what they were told to do.
  5. Vrmithrax

Vrmithrax TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,285   +232

Seriously, how do you not have multiple redundant backups on cloud data? I mean, part of the whole appeal of cloud services is that you can run them from smaller platforms and you are less likely to lose your information due to your own system breaking down. Things like this will set the whole cloud public relations reputation back quite a bit.

And I'm sure there will be a lovely class action suit coming down the pike.
  6. Well, couldn't this just be an MS way to make trouble for the SideKick line?
    SideKick users will only remember that this phone and TMobile screwed them and not Microsoft / Danger.
    No, only people who have enhanced technical awareness will know this or remember.

They are probably more apt to buy a Windows Phone which ofcourse happens to be what Microsoft is trying to peddle.

Thoughts?
  7. It also amuses me that all of these industries look at Torrents and other distributed sites like that and extract 'cloud computing' but don't really have it all decentralized and redundantly pervasive.
    Good work everyone.
  8. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,060   +84 Staff Member

How long before a class action suit surfaces?
  9. tengeta

tengeta TS Enthusiast Posts: 632

It may be Microsoft first, but I'm fairly sure this will be typical of cloud storage services as time goes on.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.