TechSpot

Microsoft details Windows 8 Task Manager features and layout

By Shawn Knight
Oct 14, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft has detailed some of the new changes in Task Manager coming with Windows 8. The new version is a major change to the app that brings multiple improvements to…

Read the whole story
  2. looks ok and the changes they have made will help the newbie , brian.
  3. PC EliTiST

PC EliTiST Newcomer, in training Posts: 44

The new Task Manager is really nice. If only they had add GPU monitor/graph, like the "Process Explorer", then would be perfect.
  4. Mudvayne819

Mudvayne819 Newcomer, in training Posts: 41

i agree with pc elitist, they need a gpu graph that could be handy
  5. Read the offical blog that explains all the changes and I really like and understand what they did with task manager.
  6. Cota

Cota TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 521   +8

Nice job, adding a better UI without removing the soup i need!
  7. hmm.. Looks Excel-like
  8. Now just remove "new" desktop, and come back to Win7 desktop and we will be fine.
  9. My first reaction after seeing is it is that the fewer option window is directly copied from mac os x.
    If Windows continues to blindly copy Mac OS X then the end is not far....
  10. I dont understand why every apple user thinks that everything that apple makes is unique and always copied by other. the only reason i can think of is that they only follow apple . this is height of being ignorant.
  11. Sometimes, truth hurts,

but still is TRUTH!

12. olibenu

olibenu Newcomer, in training Posts: 24

they are all Operating Systems, they should be alike in some aspects!
  13. Take a look at the Windows 95 task manager. Exact same, but now with a details button. I like it
  14. fpsgamerJR62

fpsgamerJR62 Newcomer, in training Posts: 489

Are they going to make it easier to launch Task Manager or are we still going to do the 3-finger dance ?
    Ctrl-Alt-Delete anyone ? Would be nice if it was a single click launch from the task bar.
  15. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,304   +52 Staff Member

Task bar: Right click > Start Task Manager

Two clicks isn't exactly much worse than one click. ;-) And if you want it in "one click", then do the two click method and right click on the icon in the task bar and "Pin program to task bar". That ought to tide you over until they implement your idea. ;-)
  16. Gars

Gars TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 228

how do i right click on touch screen?
  17. long press = right-click on most touch interfaces.
  18. Gars

Gars TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 228

thank you sir

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.