Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical 1.1A problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been using this mouse for about a year now. I was just surfing on the net today when the mouse froze and would not work (light at the bottom did not light up like usual). I usually connect it to the computer with a PS/2 converter and decided to unplug it from the converter and just plug it in the computer, using its original USB plug and it worked.

However after every about 15 minutes it stops working, every 15minutes I would need to unplug the mouse from the USB port and reconnect again. I have tried my other USB ports, all did the same. Everytime it disconnects on the right bottom it would pop up a message saying "Unrecognizable tool connected" something along those lines however when I do reconnect it it'll recognize it sayin the mouse model.

I was wondering is there a problem with the mouse or is it the computer? Anyway I can "fix" this problem? I'm broke at the moment haha and have no money therefore can't get a new mouse at the moment and this problem is annoying me.

Have you tried downloading and installing the latest MS Intellipoinit drivers? the latest version is ip5.4

it seems like your mouse may have problem connecting to the system. try to update the drivers and maybe chipset drivers as well (in case your usb driver has problem) then see if that's the problem. if that didn't fix the problem, contact MS as your mouse should have 3 years warranty on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back