Microsoft just gave us 27 more reasons to sign up for Xbox Game Pass

midian182

Staff member
Something to look forward to: The Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase took place at E3 2021 last night, and it was good news for those who subscribe to Microsoft’s Xbox Game Pass, with 27 of the 30 games mentioned on the night coming to the service.

In addition to the upcoming titles, 11 games have just been added to Game Pass, including Yakuza: Like A Dragon, completing the service’s entire collection of Yakuza entries. And for those yet to buy them, Among Us (June 15) and the multi-award-winning Hades (August) are coming to the service.

What’s more exciting are the unreleased games receiving day-one launches on Game Pass for PC. These include Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance (June 22), The Ascent (July 29), and 12 Minutes (August 19).

Also coming to Game Pass is the long-awaited Psychonauts 2 on August 25, Back 4 Blood on October 12, and 28th October sees Age of Empires 4 arrive. The beautiful Forza Horizon 5 lands on November 9, and Halo Infinite drops sometime during the Holidays.

If that all sounds good, check out some of the future day one Xbox Game Pass releases: Stalker 2, The Outer Worlds 2, A Plague Tale: Requiem, Atomic Heart, and Starfield, which is being hailed as "Skyrim in space."

Also joining them are the vampire-filled open-world co-op FPS RedFall, Contraband, Party Animals, Somerville, Slime Rancher 2, Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes, and Replaced.

Permalink to story.

Yes, GP is increasing it's value more and more for those that like not actually owning any game and be at the mercy of virtuality and ephemeral things, at the whims of a service provided by MS... which seems there are a lot of people who like it. I don't.

I like to own games, preferably physical copies, so that I can install them anytime, even 10 years from now and not be blocked by any subscription or change of service or any other limitation. I also don't play 1000 or even 100 games, I only need a few / year, but great ones.

That being said, I'm glad Xbox had a better show than last year and at least a few games that could be good when they come (here's hoping for the sake of Xbox not having any for years).

As a PC & PS gamer, the only games I was remotely intrigued by and I'll keep an eye for them, were:

1. Starfield (which we only know they it will probably look good, but no gameplay yet, although it's been 25 years in the making - their words).
2. Forza H5 (looks very good, but I usually get bored by Horizon games fast, so this is just for quality reference as to what Forza Motorsport 8 could be - that's the one I'm actually interested in - vs Gran Turismo 7).
3. A Plague Tale Requiem - I'm genuinely interested because I liked the 1st one.
4. Atomic Heart & Stalker 2 - I like the looks and graphics, remains to be seen if I'll like the gameplay too.

None of the other games from the MS show interest me at all and even these stated above are all below of all the best PS games that I love: Bloodborne, Demon's Souls, GoW, Horizon, Uncharted, R&C RA, Gran Turismo, etc.

Unfortunately for MS, until they make these types of games and gamplay, PS will be the best home for me and my gaming. So I'm still waiting to be really impressed by a MS game, didn't happen this time either...

Last edited:
I do not have Game Pass or a XBOX - and Scavenfgerspc satement is debatable - if talking about all media - like you can stream 20 million songs for $10 - Netflix HD spread 4 ways is super cheap.
Saying that buying out of Brazil - loading 3 years for those super $1 deals or whatever changes it ( but that's not std )

I get that folks like physical copies - getting less and less that do not a server to update and run.

But I think from the comments above - many of you do not get it. IT IS NOT ABOUT YOU!
You are old , you already have an extensive game play - you do not have much time for gaming - so highly selective.

For folks started out - it's a great resource , for folks with a family with a number of kids - also great . One games on XBox , another on PC - games for kids, women, co-op etc etc

Shall I make it about me? I have an extensive game library, PS subscription running for another 4 years - I do not play that much, I buy GOTY editions for $20 or less - as busy doing other hobbies too- no one is interested .

I do not have Game Pass or a XBOX - and Scavenfgerspc satement is debatable - if talking about all media - like you can stream 20 million songs for $10 - Netflix HD spread 4 ways is super cheap.
Saying that buying out of Brazil - loading 3 years for those super $1 deals or whatever changes it ( but that's not std )

I get that folks like physical copies - getting less and less that do not a server to update and run.

But I think from the comments above - many of you do not get it. IT IS NOT ABOUT YOU!
You are old , you already have an extensive game play - you do not have much time for gaming - so highly selective.

For folks started out - it's a great resource , for folks with a family with a number of kids - also great . One games on XBox , another on PC - games for kids, women, co-op etc etc

Shall I make it about me? I have an extensive game library, PS subscription running for another 4 years - I do not play that much, I buy GOTY editions for $20 or less - as busy doing other hobbies too- no one is interested .
You're right and wrong at the same time, but mostly wrong about this: "IT IS NOT ABOUT YOU".

Why? Because every comment and every article is subjective and about you (the one who wrote it) more or less.

Even in this article you can see the subjective part of the author, whether it's a PR piece for MS or just his personal likes and preferences (I don't know which is the case) - it's subjective to his view.

There's only so much one person can say, but make no mistake it is about them, as in "IT IS ABOUT YOU" .
Now a poll would be better to show a bigger slice of the pie, so more people's opinions, but we don't have one here...

Also, as far as my personal view, as stated above, yeah I like it old school (actually owning the game) and don't care about GP, but what worries me is that in the not so distant future, maybe everything will be like GP (as a service) and no more personal consoles at home, but cloud gaming - and that's why I'm worried about this and why I don't like it.

If or when that happens, maybe I'll just stop gaming, it depends on many things, but like I said I'm against this trend - so I won't be a customer of that, if it's my only choice.

P.S. Also, I'm not the only one thinking this.

Still wishing for Game Pass to allow for the full modding of games, but I guess there is some value in being able to try them out on a temp basis - even if they are just "console" versions. Regardless, still can't see me ever purchasing a game from the Microsoft Store simply as a result of their DRM being far more restrictive than the other digital storefronts out there (even Steam).

Last edited:
I get your point, but I did say "Movies\TV, gaming or both". Music will be cheaper by far, though considering other free sources its usefulness is debatable. Also, Game Pass allows 2 connections and anyone can split the cost.

But now, considering how you spelled my nik I must now do the same to you kiwiZgraeme :p

Kosmoz - some points noted - TBF comments are better than no comments . I suppose I kind of like a little editorial or meta statement . ie state about you - then sum up to involve topic or other people . I know it can be implied/inferred .

Like the point about modding

scavengerspc - actually kiwiZgraeme is actually pretty good = "Z" is not a common letter and represents NZ- So if an article mentions NZ - easy to pick up as attuned to the "Z" pronounced Zed

scavengerspc - actually kiwiZgraeme is actually pretty good = "Z" is not a common letter and represents NZ- So if an article mentions NZ - easy to pick up as attuned to the "Z" pronounced Zed
See I was going to put NZgraeme in, but it seemed a little on the nose. I should have done it. And I can just pretend the f stands for funky. Or fart.

Back