Microsoft loses thousands via Microsoft Points exploit

By Emil
Mar 10, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Update: Microsoft has confirmed that the exploit actually resulted in much less than the previously estimated. The original story is below:

Read the whole story
  2. r0b0h0b0

r0b0h0b0 TS Rookie

In terms relative to what an average individual would experience, "Man loses $3 to faulty vending machine."
  3. Nima304

Nima304 TS Guru Posts: 365   +81

That's hilarious.
  4. aj_the_kidd

aj_the_kidd TS Rookie Posts: 555

I would have said 3 cents :)
  5. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,270   +91

I would have said, the individual wasted TIME instead of money...! This amount is literally nothing to Microsoft.
  6. matrix86

matrix86 TS Guru Posts: 811   +26

Man...wish i had known about this. I don't don't have an X-Box, but I could have sold these suckers to those who didn't already know about this. I don't know how much they are, but i'm sure I could have made a little money off of this, lol.
  7. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,219   +157

Thats why you should leave the humor to r0b0h0b0 :p jk Aj
  8. KG363

KG363 TS Guru Posts: 515   +9

It's not "literally" nothing. It's figuratively nothing. It is literally $1.2million.

Sorry for being a grammar nazi, but this one just irks me.
  9. All we did was edit the INDEX and CODEID in the URL to any 4 digit number. It doesn't take a genius to do it.

People make it sound like we hacked microsoft.

The whole thing was a promotion code that wasn't hidden well enough in a long URL code.

If you would like to hear more, subscriber and message me on youtube for the TRUE story:
  10. aj_the_kidd

aj_the_kidd TS Rookie Posts: 555

OH thank god, i wasn't going to sleep until i found out the TRUE story.

Dude all you did was change same params and hit refresh a bunch of times, what else is there to tell.

I suspect you are simply a troll but least you got some points
  11. bonniesmith

bonniesmith TS Rookie Posts: 40

Another blunder by microsoft, not the first and FOR SURE not the last, they are just a mess lately.