Microsoft Office XP Media Content Uninstallation Hangs

Status
Not open for further replies.

VvWolverinevV

I am trying to remove Microsoft Office XP Media Content via Add or Remove Programs in Windows XP. However, the uninstallation hangs for as long as 45 minutes (with no movement on the progress bar) before I give up and cancel it. Does anyone know how I can get rid of this program? :(

You might try rebooting to Safe Mode, then running the un-install once more.
I would then use a good registry editor such as RegClean, Registry Cleaner, CCleaner, etc. to clean up what is left.
After that, I would reboot, go to Start->Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Computer Management->Defragment, to run a full defragmentation. It will perhaps take quite a while.... then see if there are any remaining components of the Office XP Media Content. I suspect you will find they are all gone... but run RegClean or other registry editor that lists the registry in a way you can read through it.

Thanks for the advice, raybay, but it seems I just wasn't waiting long enough. I left the uninstaller running for an hour this time, and when I came back, it was finished. That is a ridiculously long time, though, so I think I will defragment anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back